Windows Update is a Microsoft carrier that is supposed to enhance the running system’s overall performance. It is used to preserve the Microsoft Windows working system and Microsoft related programs up to date. Updates include provider packs, patches, and motive force updates. However, these updates can bring problems a good way to have an effect on the consumer revel in. Sedlauncher.Exe report comes with Windows Update that could reason excessive disk utilization and other troubles with Windows 10.
What is Sedlauncher.exe?
Sedlauncher.Exe is a document used to enhance Windows Update Service components. This record is copied on your device with the Windows 10 KB4023057 update patch. Location of the file may be inside the machine listing ‘C:Program Files‘ inside the folder ‘rempl‘. Sedlauncher.Exe is protected in Windows Remediation Service to guard and speed up the manner of Windows 10 update. However, this will additionally cause the trouble of excessive disk usage. Users may be pretty disappointing for an update record eating RAM and CPU usage. Where they have to be used for other responsibilities, which include gambling video games or using the browser. Sedlauncher.Exe has a virtual signature of Microsoft and it’s miles no longer a plague.
However, if this file is not located in the following location as mentioned above, you need to run a full system scan. Some malware camouflages itself as a legit process located in ‘C:\Windows‘ or ‘C:\Windows\System32‘ folder. You can try downloading the Malwarebytes for Windows and run it to scan your system.
How to Disable Sedlauncher.exe?
Now that we realize that sedlauncher.Exe is a part of KB4023057 replace patch, so it’s far useful for updating Windows 10. However, if it is inflicting the difficulty of High CPU utilization then you definately might need to disable it. You can prevent it briefly or disable it everlasting. There are few techniques to disable this executable from the use of gadget memory as stated underneath:
Method 1: Disabling Sedlauncher.exe from Task Manager
The most common and simple method to disable a process is doing it from Task Manager. You can find all the processes and services running on your system in Task Manager. To disable sedlauncher.exe follow the below steps:
- Hold Windows key and press R to open Run, type ‘taskmgr‘ and Enter to open Task Manager.
- Scroll down in Processes tab to find the Windows Remediation Service.
- Right-click on it and choose End Task option.
- Now check your system for a while to notice the improvement in speed and memory.
Method 2: Disabling Sedlauncher.exe from Services
Another technique is to disable the service itself from services software. You can do that by using locating the Windows Remediation Service in the carrier software and changing the residences of the carrier. To observe this method, follow the beneath steps:
- Hold Windows key and press R to open Run, then type ‘services.msc‘ and Enter.
- Scroll down the list in Service utility window to find Windows Remediation Service.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- In the General tab, click on the Startup type dropdown menu and choose Disabled, then Apply
- Reboot your computer and this will fix the sedlauncher.exe issue.