Top Answers to Oracle DBA Interview Questions
Numerous associations are recruiting Oracle DBA specialists to address their prerequisites and the issues and requests of their clients. In the event that you are searching for Oracle DBA interview questions, this is the right spot for you. These Oracle DBA interview questions and their answers are set up by industry specialists who have more than 8–12 years of involvement with Oracle DBA. We should begin by taking a gander at a couple of the most habitually asked Oracle DBA interview inquiries:
Q1. Mention Oracle DBA Characteristics.
Q2. What is Oracle?
Q3. What is an Oracle Database?
Q4. What are the roles of DBA?
Q5. What are the different Oracle Database objects?
Q6. What are the benefits of ORDBMS?
Q7. What is an Oracle index?
Q8. What are the common Oracle DBA tasks?
Q9. List out the tools for administering the database.
Q10. Differentiate between a cluster and a grid.
Listed below are the two parts into which this Oracle DBA Interview Questions blog is divided:
Basic Interview Questions
1. Mention Oracle DBA Characteristics.
|Criteria||Oracle DBA Characteristics|
|Main storage structures||Logical and physical|
|ACID Compliance||Fully compliant|
|Data stored as||Data blocks, extents, segments, and tablespaces|
2. What is Oracle?
Oracle is an organization. Oracle is additionally a database server, which oversees data in an extremely organized way. It permits users to store and recover related data in a multi-client climate so the users can simultaneously get to a similar data. This is cultivated while conveying elite. A database server additionally forestalls unapproved access and gives productive answers for disappointment recuperation. A reserve database is a database reproduction created by taking a reinforcement of a primary database.
3. What is an Oracle Database?
Oracle gives programming to make and deal with the Oracle Database. The database comprises of physical and coherent structures in which framework, client, and control data are put away. The product that deals with the database is known as the Oracle Database server. All in all, the product that runs Oracle and the physical database is known as the Oracle Database framework.
A database support reserve stores the data in memory for faster access. The re-try logs track and store all the progressions made to the database. A Data Guard guarantees data security and high accessibility of data, and a control document records the physical structure of the database.
4. What is an Oracle index?
An index is an optional structure associated with a table to have direct access to rows that can be created to increase the performance of data retrieval. An index can be created on one or more columns of a table.
5. What are the roles of DBA?
A DBA has the authority to create new users, remove the existing users, or modify any of the environment variables or privileges assigned to other users.
- Manage database storage
- Administer users and security
- Manage schema objects
- Monitor and manage database performance
- Perform backup and recovery
- Schedule and automate jobs
6. What are the different Oracle Database objects?
Intermediate Interview Questions
7. What are the benefits of ORDBMS?
In ORDBMS, the articles can be put away as they may be. The language of the DBMS can be coordinated with an article arranged programming language. The language may even be actually equivalent to that utilized in the application, which doesn’t drive the software engineer to have two portrayals of his items.
8. What are the common Oracle DBA tasks?
As an Oracle DBA, we have to carry out the following tasks:
- Installing Oracle software
- Creating Oracle databases
- Performing upgrades of the database and software to new release levels
- Starting up and shutting down the database
- Managing the database’s storage structures
- Managing users and security
- Managing schema objects, such as tables, indexes, and views
- Making database backups and performing recovery when necessary
- Proactively monitoring the database’s health and taking preventive or corrective actions as required
- Monitoring and tuning performance
In a little to-average size database climate, a solitary DBA may be the sole individual playing out every one of these undertakings. In enormous endeavor conditions, the entire occupation is frequently isolated among a few DBAs named as Database Security Administrator or Database Tuning Expert, each with his/her own zone of strengths.
9. List out the tools for administering the database.
Following are some of the products, tools, and utilities we use in achieving our goals as a Database Administrator:
- Oracle Universal Installer (OUI): The Oracle Universal Installer installs the Oracle software and options. It can automatically launch the Database Configuration Assistant to install a database.
- Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA): The Database Configuration Assistant creates a database from the templates that are supplied by Oracle, or we can create our own templates. In this case, it enables us to copy a preconfigured seed database, thus saving the time and effort of customizing and generating a database from scratch.
- Database Upgrade Assistant: This tool guides us through the upgrading of our existing database to a new Oracle release.
- Oracle Net Manager: This tool guides us through our Oracle network configuration.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager: The primary tool for managing our database is Oracle Enterprise Manager, a web-based interface. Once we install the Oracle software, create or upgrade a database, and configure the network, we can use Oracle Enterprise Manager as the single interface for managing our database. In addition, Oracle Enterprise Manager also provides an interface for performance advisors and an interface for Oracle utilities such as SQL*Loader and Recovery Manager.
10. Differentiate between a cluster and a grid.
Clustering is one innovation used to make a matrix foundation. Straightforward groups have static assets for explicit applications by explicit proprietors.
Matrices, which can comprise of numerous groups, are dynamic asset pools shareable among various applications and users. A matrix doesn’t accept that all servers in it are running similar arrangement of uses. Applications can be booked and moved across servers in the framework. Networks share assets from and among autonomous framework proprietors.
At the most elevated level, the possibility of framework figuring is processing as an utility. As such, we need not care where our data lives or which PC measures our solicitation. We ought to have the option to demand data or calculation and have it conveyed according to our prerequisite. This is practically equivalent to the manner in which the electric utilities work; without knowing where the generator is or how the electric matrix is wired, we simply request power and we get it. The objective is to make processing an utility, a product, and omnipresent. Consequently the name ‘Framework’. This viewpoint of utility registering is, obviously, a ‘customer side’ see.
From the ‘server-side’ (or in the background), the lattice is about asset portion, data sharing, and high accessibility. Asset allotment guarantees that each one of those, who demand assets, are getting what they need and that those assets are not standing inert while demands go unserviced. Data sharing ensures that the data, the users and applications need, is accessible as and when it is mentioned for. High accessibility highlights ensure that all the data and calculation are consistently accessible as an utility.
11. Explain the architecture of Oracle Grid.
The Oracle Grid architecture pools large numbers of servers, storage, and networks into a flexible, on-demand computing resource for enterprise computing needs. The grid computing infrastructure continually analyzes the demand for resources and adjusts the supply accordingly.
For instance, we can run various applications on a matrix of a few connected database servers. At the point when reports are expected toward the month’s end, the Database Administrator can consequently arrangement more servers to that application to deal with the expanded interest.
Framework processing utilizes advanced workload the executives that makes it feasible for applications to share assets across numerous servers. Data preparing limit can be included or eliminated request, and assets inside an area can be powerfully provisioned. Web administrations can rapidly incorporate applications to make new business measures.