Top 25 Microservices Interview Questions and Answers
1) Explain microservices architecture
Microservice Architecture is a design advancement style which assembles an application as an assortment of little independent administrations created for a business space.
2) Name three commonly used tools for Microservices
- Wiremock, 2.) Docker and 3.) Hysrix are important Microservices tool.
3) What is Monolithic Architecture? Monolithic architecture is like a big container in which all the software components of an application are clubbed inside a single package.
4) What are the advantages of microservices?
Here, are some significant advantages of using Microservices:
- Technology diversity, e., Microservices can mix easily with other frameworks, libraries, and databases
- Fault isolation, e., a process failure should not bring the whole system down.
- Greater support for smaller and parallel team
- Independent deployment
- Deployment time reduce
5) What is Spring Cloud?
Spring cloud is an Integration programming that incorporates with outside frameworks. It permits microservices structure to fabricate applications which perform limited measures of data preparing.
6) Discuss uses of reports and dashboards in the environment of Microservices
Reports and dashboards help in monitoring and upkeep of Microservices. Tons of Application Monitoring Tools assist in this.
7) What are main differences between Microservices and Monolithic Architecture?
|Service Startup is fast||Service startup takes time|
|Microservices are loosely coupled architecture.||Monolithic architecture is mostly tightly coupled.|
|Changes done in a single data model does not affect other Microservices.||Any changes in the data model affect the entire database|
|Microservices focuses on products, not projects||Monolithic put emphasize over the whole project|
8) What are the challenges faced while using Microservices?
- Microservices always rely on each other. Therefore, they need to communicate with each other.
- As it is distributed system, it is a heavily involved model.
- If you are using Microservice architecture, you need to ready for operations overhead.
- You need skilled professionals to support heterogeneously distributed microservices.
9) In which cases microservice architecture best suited?
Microservice architecture is best suited for desktop, web, mobile devices, Smart TVs, Wearable, etc.
10) Tell me the name of some famous companies which are using Microservice architecture
Most large-scale websites like Twitter, Netflix, Amazon, have advanced from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture.
11) What are the characteristics of Microservices?
- Essential messaging frameworks
- Decentralized Governance
- Easy Infrastructure automation
- Design for failure
- Infrastructure automation
12) What is RESTful?
Illustrative State Transfer (REST)/RESTful web administrations is a design style that encourages PC frameworks to impart over the web. These web administrations make microservices more obvious and actualize.
13) Explain three types of Tests for Microservices? In Microservice architecture tests are divided into three broad categories:
- At the bottom level test, we can perform a general test like performance and unit tests. These kinds of tests are entirely automated.
- At the middle level, we can perform exploratory tests like the stress tests and usability tests.
- At the top level, we can conduct acceptance tests which are mostly fewer in numbers. It also helps stakeholders to know about different software features.
14) What are Client certificates?
Client certificates is a digital certificate used to make authenticated requests to a remote server. It is termed as a client certificate.
15) Explain the use of PACT in Microservices architecture?
It is an open source instrument which permits testing cooperations between specialist organizations and shoppers. Be that as it may, it is isolated from the agreement made. This builds the dependability of the Microservices applications.
16) What is the meaning of OAuth?
OAuth implies open approval convention. This convention permits you to get to the customer applications on HTTP for outsider suppliers GitHub, Facebook, and so on It encourages you to share assets put away on one site with another site without the requirement for their qualifications.
17) What is End to End Microservices Testing?
End-to-end testing validates every process in the workflow is functioning correctly. It also ensures that the system works together as a whole and satisfies all requirements.
18) Why are Container used in Microservices?
Holders are most effortless and compelling strategy to deal with the microservice based application. It additionally causes you to create and send exclusively. Docker likewise permits you to embody your microservice in a compartment picture alongside its conditions. Microservice can utilize these components without extra endeavors.
19) What is the meaning of Semantic monitoring in Microservices architecture?
Semantic monitoring combines automated tests with monitoring of the application. It allows you to find out reasons why your business is not getting more profits.
20) What is a CDC?
CDC is Consumer-Driven Contract. It is a pattern for developing Microservices so that external systems can use them.
21) What is the use of Docker?
Docker offers a container environment which can be used to host any application. This software application and the dependencies that support it which are tightly-packaged together.
22) What are Reactive Extensions in Microservices?
Receptive Extensions is likewise called Rx. It is a plan design which permits gathering results by calling various administrations and afterward incorporate a joined reaction. Rx is a mainstream apparatus in dispersed frameworks which works precisely inverse to heritage streams.
23) Explain the term ‘Continuous Monitoring.’
Ceaseless checking is a technique which is utilized for looking through consistence and danger issues related with an organization’s operational and monetary climate. It contains human, cycles, and working frameworks which uphold productive and real tasks.
24) How independent micro-services communicate with each other?
It depends upon your project needs. However, in most cases, developers use HTTP/REST with JSON or Binary protocol. However, they can use any communication protocol.