Machine Learning / AI Internship
Apple is seeking profoundly qualified individuals for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher. The team pursues research and development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on profound learning (DL), PC vision (CV), human-PC interaction (HCI), Natural Language Processing (NLP), optimization, reinforcement learning (RL) and Machine Translation. As a member of the team, you will take a shot at some of the most ambitious technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best item teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research, and speaking at conferences and events.
Internship opportunities are available in Cupertino, Seattle, Boston, and Pittsburgh.
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL) and statistical machine learning (ML)
- Expertise in one or more of CV, HCI, NLP, optimization, RL, machine translation, time series, generative models, signals, pattern recognition fields, fairness, auditing, algorithmic bias, and/or computer graphics fields
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, C/C++, CUDA or other GPGPU is a plus
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and gathering talks. You are self-motivated, brilliant issue solver, a determined worker. You are snappy to manufacture relationships and function admirably with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with attempted experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.