A lot of Steam users have been reaching us with questions after being unable to hide their Steam activity from their friends. There are times where you might not want to see your purchase appearing on everyone’s News Feed. Or you might not want everyone to see which game you’re currently playing.
With this in mind, we have put together a list of methods that will allow you to hide your Steam activity and continue playing without being poked at or questioned by your friends or followers.
How to hide Game Activity on Steam
We manage to find three different methods that will allow you to accomplish virtually the same thing. Feel free to follow whichever method is more convenable to the situation that you’re finding yourself in. Each of the following three methods is confirmed to work by at least one user that attempted to accomplish the same thing.
Method 1: Hiding your Steam activity from Privacy settings
Not too lengthy in the past, Steam up to date, which makes it easier to hide your recreation pastime from different gamers. This is the most green way of hiding your Steam pastime from pals and followers and is confirmed to paintings by means of the large majority of customers.
As opposed to the alternative two fixes featured below, this technique will cover the game pastime forever and will not have an effect on some other Steam additives gift in your account profile.
Here’s what you need to do to his your Steam Activity from your Privacy settings:
- Open Steam and go to the ribbon bar at the top. Then, click on your name and then click on Profile from the newly appeared context menu.
- On the next screen, turn your attention towards the right section of the screen and click on Edit profile (under your current level).
- Inside the Profile Editing options, click on My Privacy Settings from the right-hand side of the screen.
- Once the Privacy Settings come up, scroll to the My Profile entry and click the Public menu associated with Game Details. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Private.
- You can test if the procedure was successful by right-clicking on an empty space in Steam and selecting Copy Page URL. Then, paste the copied URL in any browser and see if your game activity is hidden.
Method 2: Using free watchable episodes
Several users have found that you could disguise your Steam game activity by means of the usage of a set of loose watchable episodes to take away the game pastime entirely. This would possibly seem like a unusual fix, but loads of customers have managed to hide their latest Steam hobby via following the manual under.
What takes place is, Steam isn’t able to understand the video this is being performed till it absolutely loads up and begins gambling in your screen. So by clicking the Watch button (as you’ll see below), Steam will pick up that there’s a brand new alternative that is being delivered. But if you manage to close it down earlier than it could load up, what ends up taking place is Steam will wipe out the preceding Recent Activity variations.
So if you repeat this movement with the first 3 episodes of “Making of Furi” all of your Game hobby might be removed.
Here’s what you want to do to apply this workaround:
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Restoro Repair which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here
- Open Steam and click on Store from the ribbon bar at the top.
- On your the Store page of Steam, use the search function in the top-right corner of the screen to search for “Making of Fury”.
- Once you see the Making of Furi listing, click on it.
- From the ‘Making of Fury’ listing, click the Watch button associated with Episode 1.
- As soon as you click it, it will open up a small window. What you want to do next is shut it down as soon as possible.
- Repeat step 4 and step 4 with the next two episodes.
- Return to your profile and see how your Recent Activity is completely removed (Weird, right?)
If this method isn’t applicable to your current scenario, move down to the next method below.
Method 3: Setting your profile to Private
A more drastic approach to solve this difficulty is to set your Profile as Private. But keep in mind that going this course basically method which you’ll be completely isolated from your friends and other game enthusiasts which you come across while you play. Game information, Friend List, Inventory or even the capability to post remarks could be severely constrained while Private mode is enabled.
If you need to go through with this, right here’s a short guide on putting your profile to Private:
- Open Steam and click on your name from the list of main tabs (under the ribbon bar). From the newly appeared drop-down menu, click on Profile.
- From the profile screen, click on Edit Profile (under your current Steam level)
- From the next screen, click on My Privacy Settings from the right-hand side menu.
- From the Privacy Settings menu, click on the hyperlink associated with My Profile and change the status to Private. As soon as you do this, the settings will be adjusted automatically (there’s no need to click a Save button or anything like that).
- View your profile and see how your Game activity has been hidden.
TIP: If none of the Methods have resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here