A Pending transaction occurs in Steam due to an incomplete Steam purchase. Although the Steam purchase experience is quite secure and good but due to any network glitch, the payment process might get stuck and when the user tries to carry on another purchase, Steam will show the pending transaction error.
This error message wasn’t reported as a ‘glitch’ by any of the users. In every case, either there is network disconnectivity or there is indeed a pending Steam transaction against your account. This problem is usually solved by removing the pending transaction instantly as we will see down below.
What Causes Pending Transaction Steam Error?
- An incomplete Steam purchase in the past can cause Steam to show the pending transaction error.
- Another possible case where you might experience the ‘pending transaction’ error is where the servers themselves are not up and running.
- If both of the above solutions don’t work, you can try contacting Steam support for issues with your account.
Pre-requisite: Checking Steam Server Status
Before attempting any answer, make sure to Turn off any proxy/VPN if you are the usage of one. Steam does no longer support purchases through anonymous proxies as of its new coverage to save you piracy and make its transaction at ease. This policy was applied recently due to the fact a comfortable tunnel can not be created for a buy if you are using a proxy website.
Secondly, ensure that the Steam website is up and going for walks. You may check the Official Steam Status to verify if the Steam servers are in an operational kingdom. You also can troubleshoot if you are time and again no longer able to get entry to Steam servers. Only in case you are actually certain that you could get entry to Steam offerings have to you continue with the answer indexed underneath.
1. Cancel Pending Transactions in Steam
When a user makes a purchase through a Steam client but the process could not be completed and the user tries to make another purchase, then Steam will show the error stating that there is a pending transaction. The game engine will not let the user complete another purchase. In this case, canceling the pending purchase may solve the problem and retrying the current transaction will solve the problem.
- Open Steam Client and click on the Account Details If you are having issues in completing the cancellation process from the steam client then use Steam Purchase Help Page to cancel the pending transaction.
- Now click on the View purchase history which will open a list of Steam transactions.
- If there is more than one pending purchases, then select any one of those pending purchases.
- Now select the “Cancel this transaction”
- Click on the “Cancel my purchase”.
- Repeat the process for all other pending purchases.
- Restart Steam and check if you can make another purchase without any problem.
2. Using Steam Website
Another workaround around the pending transaction error message is using the Steam website to make the purchase on your account. Even though the payment system is the same between both the platforms, there are sometimes internet issues in the Steam client because of certain ports.
Try logging in your account using the Steam website and try to make the same transaction again. If the transaction becomes successful, you can easily consume/use the item you purchased on the Steam client on any PC.
3. Using another Payment Method
Another uncommon example in which we see this trouble is in which the charge technique which you are the usage of to make the Steam purchase isn’t either supported by means of the platform or there’s a few errors processing the transaction itself (with the difficulty originating from your payment supplier). Here, you could strive using an alternative payment method, as an instance, you could strive the usage of your Credit/Debit card at once with Steam instead of the use of 1/3-birthday party charge offerings along with PayPal, etc.