Fortnite is a battle royale shooting game where the main objective is to survive. It’s definitely one of the most popular games out there but plenty of people still complain about not being able to play normally.
The Fortnite error code 20006 appears when launching the game. This is a launcher error and the game’s executable doesn’t even launch. The message which follows goes like: “Couldn’t start the game. Error code: 20006 (Cannot create service (StartService failed: 193))”. The problem is usually related to the EasyAntiCheat tool the game uses. Follow the methods below to solve the problem!
What Causes Fortnite Error Code 20006?
The Fortnite Error Code 20006 is almost completely either with the aid of a lacking EasyAntiCheat provider in your computer, or by the carrier being damaged, out of date, or simply unresponsive while you launched the sport. Epic Games doesn’t want you to enter the sport if you weren’t checked for dishonest and hacking the sport ahead.
Also, a number of your sport files might have gone corrupt or lacking and this could be constant easily by means of verifying the sport from inside Fortnite launcher. Corrupt files can confuse the game to suppose you’ve got a cheat whilst in reality you don’t.
Repair the EasyAntiCheat Service
This is the Anti-Cheat service used by the game to recognize cheaters and hackers. It actively scans your setup for anything which could give you an unfair advantage over your opponents. However, sometimes this service gets broken and you might need to repair it yourself in order to get rid of the Fortnite error code 20006.
- You can search for the game’s main executable by clicking the Start menu button or the search button next to it and typing Fortnite. Anyway, right-click on the executable and choose the Open file location option from the context menu which will appear.
- The default folder for the installation is C >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite but it depends on your computer’s architecture as well. You can also search for Fortnite after clicking the Start menu or the search button, right-click the first entry, and choose Open File Location.
- Either way, once you are inside the Fortnite folder, navigate to FortniteGame >> Binaries >> Win64 (or Win32 depending on your OS) >> EasyAntiCheat. Inside you should see the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file. Right-click the “EasyAntiCheat_setup.exe” file in the folder and choose the Run as administrator option from the context menu which will appear.
- Confirm any UAC prompts that the file wants to make changes to your computer and wait for its window to open.
- Make sure Fortnite is selected from the games list and click the Repair Service button below. The “Installed Successfully” message should appear shortly after so try relaunching the game and checking to see if the Fornite error code 20006 still appears!
Solution 2: Verify the Game’s Installation
The game is not available on Steam and also you don’t have access to the helpful function called Verify Integrity of Game Files. Luckily, Epic Games determined to include this selection into their Fortnite customer which usually does the equal process. It genuinely scans your game installation for lacking or corrupt sport files and it redownloads them with a view to restoration your recreation. Make sure you attempt it out below!
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Restoro Repair which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here
- You should open the game’s main executable by clicking the Start menu button or the search button next to it and typing Fortnite. Anyway, right-click on the executable and choose the Open option from the context menu which will appear.
- The default folder for the installation is C >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite but it depends on your computer’s architecture as well. You can also search for Fortnite after clicking the Start menu or the search button and click the first entry.
- Click the cog icon Next to the Launch text at the Fortnite launcher window which should open a new menu. Click Verify from the menu and wait for the launcher to finish verifying your game files.
- The process should take about 10 minutes. Check to see if any files were redownloaded and relaunch Fortnite to see if the Fortnite error code 20006 still appears.
Solution 3: Rename the EasyAntiCheat Driver
Renaming or putting off the EasyAntiCheat.Sys file inside the System32 folder to your computer is probably the proper factor to do as the sport will redownload as soon as you open it once more. If its driving force has long gone corrupt, even repairing or reinstalling the device may not work properly. This approach is simple to perform and it may prevent from in addition issues.
- Navigate to this location on your computer C >> Windows >> System32 by navigating to it after launching the Windows Explorer. Firstly click This PC or My Computer from the left side pane in order to locate and open your Local Disk C.
- If you are unable to view the Windows folder, you may need to turn on the option that enables you to see hidden files and folders. Click the “View” tab in File Explorer’s top menu and click on the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/hide section of the menu. File Explorer will show the hidden files and will remember these settings until you change it again.
- Locate the EasyAntiCheat.sys file in the System32 folder, right-click on it, and choose Rename. Change its name to something like EasyAntiCheat.old.sys and tap the Enter key to confirm your changes. Relaunch Fortnite and check to see if you still see the error 20006 on startup!
TIP: If none of the Methods have resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here