The Error code 1105 occurs when users attempt to access the Discord app (either via the desktop app or via discordapp.com). This problem is confirmed to occur on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
After investigating this issue, it turns out that there are several different causes that might be causing this particular error code. Here’s a list with potential culprits that might cause error code 1105:
- Discord or CloudFlare server issue – As it turns out, one of the most common causes that will spawn this error is a server issue affecting Discord directly or CloudFlare (a service used by Discord). In this case, there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue other than identifying the problem and wait for the involved developers to fix the problem.
- Restricted network – If you’re connected to a restrictive network (hotels, schools, work, or a public WI-FI), chances are Discord is purposely blocked by the network administrator. In this case, you can try to get in contact with the network administrator or you can try circumventing the issues by setting up a VPN network.
- Corrupted Application data – If you started seeing this error shortly after a botched Discord update, chances are you’re seeing the error due to some kind of corrupted data that is currently being stored inside the AppData and LocalAppData folders and are affecting the login procedure. In order to fix it, you will need to clear the contents of these 2 folders and restart the application.
Method 1: Checking the Status of Discord
If you’re seeing the Error 1105 while looking to access Discord, you ought to begin with the aid of checking the services concerned in this operation. Cloudflare, similar to the majority of other similar VoIP services out there’s the use of Cloudflare’s suite of server security options.
So if a server trouble is what’s absolutely causing this trouble and the problem is past your manipulate, the difficulty can most effective be originating from two capability culprits – Cloudflare or Discord.
Fortunately, both entities have status pages that you may test and notice whether or not their servers are presently affected:
- Checking the Status of Discord
- Checking the Status of Cloudflare
If you already checked both status pages and you found no evidence of a server issue, it’s likely that the issue is only occurring locally. Most likely, something having to do with your network or an inconsistency with the Discord installation.
Follow the next methods below for a few potential fixes that might be able to fix the Error 1105.
Method 2: Connecting to a Different Network
If you’re encountering this issue when connected to a restrictive network (while connected to a school network, work network, hotel Wi-Fi, or any other kind of public network). If this scenario is applicable in your situation, you should test this theory out by connecting to your home network and trying to access Discount again.
In case the Error 1105 doesn’t occur once you are connected to an unfiltered network (like one managed by your home router), it’s likely that the network administrator has enforced some restrictions on Discord-type services that are presenting you from using this kind of services.
In case you verify that this is true, you should consider contacting the administrator of the network that is restricting your access to the Discord app. However, if this restriction is imposed in order to limit the use of the available bandwidth, your chances of getting Discord unlocked are slim.
But there is one workaround that should allow you to avoid the Error 1105 on a restricted Network (by using a VPN). Follow the next method below to set it up on your computer.
Method 3: Switching to a VPN Network
If you’re seeing the Error 1105 blunders even as linked to a constrained community and don’t have any method of going around it, you need to be capable of keep away from an administrator-imposed by the use of a able VPN community.
Filtering your connection thru a VPN will permit you to avoid each administrator-imposed restrictions and instances where this problem due to a Level 3 ISP node.
If you’re organized to go this course, you want to decide on a VPN that fits your needs. There are lots of unfastened alternatives available, however in case you’re going to use Discord generally for gaming, we advocate that you select a gaming VPN from our up to date listing.
In case you’re using for step-by way of-step commands, follow the instructions underneath. We’ve protected the whole method of putting in the unfastened version Hide.Me VPN:
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Restoro Repair which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here
- Start by accessing the official download page of Hide.Me VPN. Next, click on the Download button to initiate the download of the desktop client.
- When you get to the first screen, click on the Register button associated with the free version of the VPN client.
- At the next prompt, start by inserting your email address, then press Enter to complete the registration. At this point, it’s very important that you use a valid address since you will be asked to validate it in the next steps.
- After the operation is complete, access the email box, then look for the verification mail from the Hide.me team. Once you receive it, click on the verification link to confirm. You will then be redirected to the Create Account window.
- After the operation is complete, make your way to Pricing > Free, then click on Apply now to choose the free plan and activate it.
- Once you manage to successfully enable the free plan, click on the Download section. then click on Download Now box associated with the Windows version that you’re currently using.
- After the download is finished, double-click on the installer, then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of the system-level VPN.
- After the installation is finished, use the credentials you confirmed at step 4 to complete the signup process.
- Once you are successfully signed, in, click on Start your free trial, then select any location where discord is supported and wait for the VPN connection to kick in.
- Launch Discord and see if the Error 1105 is fixed.
Method 4: Deleting the Discord folders in %appdata% and %localappdata%
If you formerly mounted that you’re no longer dealing with a server trouble and the VPN workaround didn’t restoration the hassle for you, it’s likely that you’re dealing with some kind of neighborhood corruption trouble that’s affecting temp files related to Discord.
This hassle is typically stated to arise in instances wherein a new Discord update became interrupted before the operation changed into whole, so corrupted documents are now present internal key folders used during the login method of Discord.
Some customers that had been additionally encountering the 1105 error code have stated that the issue became subsequently resolved when they cleared the contents of the Discord temp folders in %appdata% and %localappdata%.
If you need to try to restoration the Error 1105 errors by clearing the %appdata% and %localappdata% folders associated with Discord, follow the commands underneath:
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Next, type ‘%appdata%‘ inside the text box and press Enter to open the AppData folder in your Windows computer.
Note: By default, this folder is hidden by default. If you want to access it manually, you will need to enable Hidden Folders from the File Explorer > View tab.
- Once you’re inside the AppData folder, scroll down through the list of installed applications and locate the Discord folder. Double-click on it and press Ctrl + A to select everything inside, then right-click on a selected item and choose Delete from the context menu to clear the contents of the folder.
- After the contents of the AppData folders have been cleared, follow step 1 again, but this time use the %localappdata% command instead. Once you’re inside the Local AppData folder, repeat step 2 once again to clear the contents of the folder.
- Restart your computer then launch Discord once the next startup is complete to see if the 105 error code is finally fixed.
TIP: If none of the Methods have resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here