The error FTDE.XACT.3321.1107296356 is mainly caused by conflicting browser extensions. But in some cases, bugs in the browser used for streaming the Xfinity content can cause the issue as well. A user will encounter the FTDE error when he tries to watch the Xfinity stream on a browser. Following is the full error message:
Sorry, we’re having some trouble. Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon. (Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)
Before diving in extra technical solutions, ensure your browser is up to date. Also, consider to test if Xfinity servers are up and running. To rule out your device compatibility issues, try and open the Xfinity website on a cell phone or pill.
Solution 1: Try Beta Version
Browsers use exceptional release channels to test the features before making them available to most of the people. For instance, Chrome makes use of four release channels: Stable, Beta, Dev, and Canary. So, in case you are using launch channel less then Beta (i.E. Dev and Canary), then you may come across the Xfinity Stream mistakes. To take a look at that, attempt the use of as a minimum the beta version of your browser.
- Download and install beta or stable version of your browser e.g. Chrome Beta.
- Then launch the Chrome beta and open Xfinity website to check if it is working fine.
Solution 2: Disable Browser’s Extensions/Addons
Browser’s extensions/add-ons add extra functionality to a browser. But these extensions/addons can interfere in the routine operation of the Xfinity website and thus cause the FTDE error, especially if you are using an adblocking extension. Given the circumstances, disabling the browser’s extensions/addons may solve the issue. We will discuss the process for Chrome, you may follow instructions as per your browser.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Restoro Repair which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here
- Launch Chrome and click on the menu (3 vertical dots near the top right corner).
- Then hoover over More Tools and then in the sub-menu displayed, click on Extensions.
- Now in the Extensions menu, disable every extension there.
- Then relaunch Chrome and check if the Xfinity website has started to operate fine.
- If so, then try to enable extension one by one to find out the problematic extensions. Privacy Badger, AdBlock, and Ghosterly extensions are reported to create the issue.
Solution 3: Try Another Browser
The FTDE error could be caused by a temporary bug in your browser. Browsers store temporary information in their storage in order to operate properly. However, there are several instances where the storage is sometimes corrupt or the installation files have some missing modules. It can be confirmed by using another browser to access the Xfinity website.
- Download and install another browser (if already not installed).
- Launch the other browser.
- Now open the Xfinity website to check if it is operating fine.
- If so, then wait for the rectification of the bug in your primary browser.
TIP: If none of the Methods have resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here