Java vs C# – 10 Key Differences between Java and C#
What is Java?
Java was delivered by Sun Microsystem in 1995. It was created by James Gosling. It is a broadly useful programming language which was planned with a particular objective of permitting engineers to compose once run anyplace. Java application is arranged into bytecode that can run on any usage of the Java Virtual Machine or JVM.
In this tutorial, you will learn more about:
- What is C#
- History of Java
- History of C#
- Characteristic of Java
- Characteristics of C#
- Java vs. C#
- Advantages of Using Java
- Advantages of Using C#
- Disadvantages of Using Java
- Disadvantages of Using C#
C# is an article situated programming language, created by Microsoft that runs on.Net Framework.
The name “C sharp” was propelled by melodic documentations. Here ‘#’ image demonstrates that the composed note should be made a semitone which is higher in pitch.
- Java runs on the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) while C# is intended to be run on the Common Language Runtime (CLR).
- Java is a class-based Object Oriented language while C# is Object-Oriented, utilitarian, solid composing, part arranged.
- Java doesn’t uphold for administrator over-burdening while C# gives administrator over-burdening to numerous administrators.
- Java doesn’t uphold pointers while C# underpins pointer just in a risky mode.
- In Java, Arrays are an immediate specialization of Object while exhibits in C# are a specialization of System.
Stack overflow Trends C# vs. Java
The Java language was at first called OAK. Initially, it was created for taking care of gadgets and set-top boxes. Oak was a big disappointment. Notwithstanding, in 1995 Sun changed the name to Java and adjusted the language to take the advantage of the growing World Wide Web improvement business.
after 14 years, in 2009, Oracle Corporation obtained Sun Microsystems and took responsibility for of their items Java and Solaris.
Anders Hejlsberg is the vital supporter of C# language advancement. In 1999, he constructed a group to build up another dialect which was then called “Cool.”. The undertaking was affirmed and reported in July 2000 at the.Net Developers Conference. The language was later renamed as C#.
- A multi-stage, object-situated, network-driven, programming language
- Java can run on practically any PC stage Network-driven
- It is intended for building object-situated online applications.
- It causes you to incorporate article situated programming model.
Google Trends C# vs. Java
- Support for automatic Garbage Collection
- Offers Standard Library
- Assembly Versioning
- Conditional Compilation
- Simple Multithreading
- Lambda and LINQ Expressions
- Integration with Windows
|Creation||Designed by Sun Microsystems.||Designed as part of Microsoft’s .NET initiative.|
|Ecosystem||Has a huge opensource ecosystem.||Used to develop software for Microsoft platforms.|
|Support for generics||It is implemented using erasures and casts added upon compilation into bytecode.||Integrated into the CLI and allows type information to be available at runtime|
|Support for delegates||Requires use of an interface to achieve similar functionality.||Has delegates which serve as methods that can be called without knowledge of target object.|
|Checked exceptions||Only has one type of exception||Distinguishes between checked and unchecked exceptions|
|Polymorphism||Invokes the “virtual” keyword in a base class and “override” keyword in a derived class.||Enables polymorphism by default.|
|Designed for||Java programming language is intended to be run on a Java platform, by the help of Java Runtime Environment (JRE).||The C# programming language is designed to be run on the Common Language Runtime (CLR).|
|Safety type||Java type safety is safe.||C# type of safety is unsafe.|
|Built-in Datatype||Built-in data types that are passed by value are called simple types.||Built-in data types that are passed by value are known as primitive types.|
|Arrays||Arrays in Java are a direct specialization of Object.||Arrays in C# are a specialization of System.|
|Support for conditional compilation.||Java doesn’t provide support for conditional compilation||C# supports conditional compilation feature with the help of preprocessor directives.|
|Support for Goto statement.||Java doesn’t support the goto statement.||C# supports the goto statement.|
|Structure and unions||Java doesn’t support structures and unions.||C# supports structures and unions.|
|Suited for||For concurrency and complex project.||It is mainly suited for game app development projects.|
|Installation||Requires JDK to run Java.||.Net framework provides a vast library of codes used by C#|
|Cross-platform support||Java is highly cross-platform with its byte code.||Compared to Java, C# need to improve on this feature.|
|IDE||Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA||Visual Studio, MonoDevelop|
|Operator Overloading||No support for operator overloading||C# provides support for operator overloading for multiple operators.|
|Number of Public Classes||In Java, there is an only a single public class inside source code, or it will display compilation error.||In C#, there are multiple public classes included in the source code.|
|Control for API||It is controlled by an open community process.||Microsoft controls C# API.|
|Runtime Environment||Java supports JVM(Java Virtual Machine).||C# supports CLR(Common Language Runtime).|
|Platform Dependency||Java is a robust and platform independent language.||Code written in C# is windows specific.|
|Pointers||Java does not support pointers.||In C# you can use pointer only in an unsafe mode.|
|Floating point||Java supports strctfp keyword that means it results for a floating point will be the same for different platform.||C# does not offer support for strictfp keyword. This means that the result of floating point numbers may not be guaranteed to be the same across all platforms.|
|Famous companies using||Airbnb, Instagram, Spotify, Netflix, etc.||Stack Exchange, Microsoft, Coderus, Docplanner, etc.|
|Salary Range||The average salary earned by Java Developer is $102,633 per year in the United States.||The average salary for “C# sharp developer” is approximately $108,145 per year.|
Here, are pros/benefits of using Java-
- Point by point Documentation is accessible.
- The enormous pool of talented engineers accessible
- Permits you to shape standard projects and reusable code.
- It is a multi-strung climate which permits you to perform numerous undertakings simultaneously in a program.
- Great execution
- Immense cluster of outsider libraries
- Simple to explore libraries
Here, are pros/benefits for using C#
- Offers legitimate lambda and generics uphold
- Upheld by Microsoft Corporation
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Simple augmentation techniques
- Programmed trash assortment
- Properties with getting/set techniques
- Robotized memory the executives
- In reverse Compatibility
Here, are cons for using Java-
- JIT compiler makes the program relatively moderate.
- Java has high memory and handling necessities. Subsequently equipment cost increments.
- No help for low-level programming builds like pointers.
- You don’t have any power over trash assortment as Java doesn’t give capacities like erase(), free().
Here, are the cons of using C#
- Helpless x-stage GUI
- C# is an inner piece of the .NET structure so the worker running the application should be windows based.
- C# is less adaptable as it generally relies upon the .Net structure.