Whether you’re a real gamer or a easy fan, Twitch is the platform you likely visit to look at video games streams and greater. Twitch is a free-to-use streaming platform however has a top rate club that comes with bonus games, exclusive in-sport content, and extra.
But in case you are a new Twitch person, you may face problems installing and activating the app on a new streaming device.
This app is available for cellular devices and video game consoles, inclusive of iOS, Android, PlayStation (3, four, and 5), Wii U, Xbox (360, One, Series), Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
Keep in thoughts that the commands for activating Twitch are one of a kind from platform to platform, but thankfully, you could watch your favorite streams on the device you chose if you follow the right steps.
Here are the step-via-step commands on activating Twitch for the following devices:
- Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5
- Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
Follow the guide that’s applicable to the streaming device that you are attempting to use to stream Twitch content:
Activate Twitch on Roku
- Press the home button on your remote to open the home screen of Roku.
- Then, access the search option located inside the left-side menu and type ‘Twitch’ with your virtual keyboard.
- Select the Twitch app from the list of available suggestions, then press on Add channel.
- After the installation is complete, press on Go to Channel.
- Select Log in after you successfully launch Twitch. After you logged in, note the code that appears on your screen.
- Next, go to https://www.twitch.tv/activate on your computer browser or mobile device browser and insert the code there, then press on Activate.
- After that, select OK and your Twitch account will be activated on your Roku device.
Activate Twitch on iOS
- From your iOS home screen, open App Store.
- In the search box located at the top of the screen, type ‘Twitch’ and search it.
- After you find the correct app for Twitch, tap on the download button and wait until the downloading and installation are complete.
- When the installation is complete, open Twitch and press on Log in
- Here you enter your account and password, then a cod will be sent to your email for verification. After that, you are free to use the app.
Activate Twitch on Android
- From your home screen, access the Play Store.
- After you manage to open the Play Store, tap on the type bar located on the top and search ‘Twitch’.
- Once you find the official app of Twitch, tap on it, then tap on Install to initialize the download and installation.
- After the installation is complete, open Twitch and press on Log in.
- Enter your username and password, then a code will be sent to your email to verify your account. After you complete that, you can use the app as you want.
Activate Twitch on PlayStation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5
- First thing first, open the PlayStation Store and search for Twitch, then download and install it. The process might be slightly different depending on your console, but it’s the same idea.
- After the app is successfully installed, open it and tap on Sign in.
- Once you successfully introduced your username and password, visit the https://www.twitch.tv/activate on your mobile device browser or computer browser.
- On this site, enter the code that appeared on your PlayStation screen, then tap on OK and you can start watching or streaming content on Twitch.
Activate Twitch on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X
- Open the Microsoft Store and download and install Twitch on your Xbox console. The guide is the same for every Xbox console (360, One, and Series S or X).
- Once the installation is complete, open Twitch and tap on Log in.
- After you successfully log in with your username and password, go to the activation page of Twitch.com.
- You need to write on the site the code that appeared on your Xbox screen, then click on Activate.
- After that, your Xbox console will automatically be paired with your Twitch account.
Activate Twitch on Chromecast
- If you don’t have the Twitch app on your mobile device, download it from the App Store or Play Store.
- Make sure that both your mobile device and Chromecast are connected to the same internet network.
- Open the Twitch app and look for the Cast button located at the top of the app.
- After you locate it, tap on it and select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- Because the content is streamed from your mobile device, you don’t need to activate it, but you still need to be signed in to your Twitch account on your mobile device.
Activate Twitch on Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV and navigate with your remote to the Home screen, then search for the App Store icon in the available options and tap on it.
- After you are inside the App Store, navigate to the Search button, and search ‘twitch’, then wait until the result appears on your screen.
- Then select the Twitch app and tap on Get to start the installation.
- After the installation is complete, log in to your Twitch account and wait for the sign-in to succeed, then you can start watching streams on your Apple TV.
Activate Twitch on Fire TV
- Firstly, open your Fire TV device, and from the home menu, access the Google Play Store.
- After you are inside the Google Play Store, use the search function to search for ’twitch’, then select the Twitch app from the highlighted options and access it.
- Once inside the dedicated app page, press on Get to initialize the download and installation.
- After the download is complete, press on Open to open the Twitch app.
- Wait until the app is fully loaded, then search for the Sign-in button on the left side menu, navigate on it and it will tell you the steps on how to sign in using the https://www.twitch.tv/activate.